British Standards Institution (BSI)
Intellectual Property Rights Statement
Copyright in British Standards
Copyright in all British Standards whether electronic or other format is owned by BSI. No British Standard may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, either in whole or in part, without prior written permission of BSI save within the limits provided by English legislation.
We incorporate both visible and invisible watermarks into British Standards and you agree that the following terms and conditions are applicable:
- A British Standard is licensed to a sole named user who is permitted to install a single electronic copy of it for use on a single computer.
- Hard copies of the BSI document may be printed by the named user for his/her own, non-commercial purposes.
- Where a licensed user has a specification or tender requirement to reproduce a British Standard as part of their documentation for external submission, the necessary pages of the document, including the whole document if required, may be reproduced and submitted.
- BSI is not aware of any inherent risk of viruses in the PDF files of BSI documents at the time that they are downloaded. BSI has exercised due diligence to ensure, so far as practicable, that such files do not contain such viruses. The PDF files supplied may contain embedded typefaces. In accordance with Adobe's licensing policy, these files may be printed or viewed but shall not be edited unless the typefaces which are embedded are licensed to and installed on the computer performing the editing. In downloading these files, parties accept the responsibility of not infringing Adobe’s licensing policy.
- The user accepts that the operation and use of these files is done so at the user’s risk. BSI does not accept and is not liable for any loss or damage which may be suffered from their operation or use. Adobe is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Network Licenses: Licensed users who wish to place the downloaded British Standard on an internal network or intranet are invited to apply to the BSI Licensing Department at the following address. Permission to reproduce extracts and further information on the licensing of BSI documents are also available at:
Copyright & Licensing
British Standards Institution
389 Chiswick High Road
London W4 4AL
Tel: + 44 (0)20 8996 7070
Fax: + 44 (0)20 8996 7553
Trademarks and Copyright – General
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
BSI is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
"BSI Learning", ® and "Kitemark®" are trademarks of BSI and are registered as such in the United Kingdom and in other countries. BSI protects its marks and logos in all countries in which it uses them.
You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form) of BSI without our express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other hidden text utilizing our trademarks without our express written consent.